Nothing spells “high-maintenance” than having well-groomed and polished nails. I learned this way back in my training about power grooming and business etiquette.
Having nicely painted digits is a must especially if you always find yourself meeting a lot of people and exchanging more handshakes than cards.
With all the talks I am conducting and the presentation preps, I rarely have the time to visit a salon. Good thing I learned that Nailaholics will open its newest branch to date at the new Unimart Greenhills! Of course, I wouldn’t miss being there for the world!
Alongside with the nail pampering, I’d like to share with you some tips I took away from the Nail Experts of Nailaholics Unimart at Greenhills in extending the life of our mani and pedis!
- Make sure your nails are moisturized before getting your manicure. Hydrated nail beds cause less nail breakage and chips.
2. Always use a base coat before painting colour on. This protects your nails from staining and also acts as a great adhesive for the polish ensuring lasting colour.
3. Apply thin coats of polish with every stroke. It dries quickly and doesn’t cause bubbles.
4. Wait a couple of minutes between each coat to make sure the nail polish adheres properly to its base.
5. A horizontal swipe across the tip of your nails after your final coat, along the edge, seals the colour in and protects your nails against chipping.
6. If you’re rushing, dip your tips in ice cold water to harden the nail polish quicker.
7. To extend the life (and shine) of your manicure, apply really thin coats of topcoat every other day.
8. Be sure to wear gloves while doing the dishes—water expands the nail bed and causes the nail polish to chip.
9. Cuticle oil helps freshen up your manicure and moisturize your hand.
10. Don’t bite your nails!
11. Be careful when applying skin care products. Certain types can cause the nail polish to dull and discolour like sunscreen and mosquito repellents.
Make sure to keep in mind these very helpful insider tips from Nailaholics’ expert nail technicians or better yet, get them first-hand when you visit Nailaholics Unimart located on the Mezzanine Level of Unimart Greenhills Shopping Center, San Juan City. To book your appointments today, contact 0956-846-2352.
I can almost hear the cheers from my merfriends who live and hang out in the area!
3 thoughts on “11 Ways to Extend the Life of Your Nail Polish – Nailaholics, Unimart Greenhills”
I bite my nails but I’m trying to stop and start painting my nails so this post will definitely come in handy! It’d mean so much if you checked out my blog too x
Hi there! Wow. Thanks for reading! Yes, keep painting your nails and this will help you to quit the habit. 🙂
Sure! I’ll check your blog too!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Yeah I hope so! Thank you so much x
LikeLiked by 1 person